Mrs. Childers' Weekly News
This week has been busy. I started assessing reading. We have been doing guided reading groups, producing rhyming words, reading sight words, and learning about story elements. In math, the class had worked on different ways to write numbers, greater than and less than, teen number and ten games. This week we concentrated on science and sorting rocks. We also went outside to collect rocks and make a pet rock. We are ending the 3rd nine weeks and will be assessing in the next few weeks. Make sure your child knows address, city, county, country and continents. Your child also needs to know at least 50 sight words.
- Friday March 1 – Dr. Seuss' birthday – Pajama Day –We will be doing some special activities next week to celebrate Read Across America. Have your child wear their pj's to school and bring any Dr. Seuss books they have. We will have a guest author -Annette Laing. You can pre-purchase her book. Information is in the folders today.
- Book Fair – February 25th-March 1st
- March 10 Daylight Savings Time
- March 22nd – Report cards go home
- April 4th Spring pictures