Pickett's Mill Mission Statement:
Our Mission at Pickett's Mill is to develop leaders who are independent thinkers in a nurturing learning community where growth and individual achievement are expected. We will challenge all learners to demonstrate leadership skills and proficiency with academic standards while embracing a spirit of collaboration.
To achieve our vision, we will........
1. Model Positive character traits including acceptance and tolerance of all people.
2. Provide opportunities for stakeholder collaboration to improve classroom instruction.
3. Provide opportunities for students to experience learning in multiple learning styles.
4. Support the development of the arts through performance based activities.
5. Support emotional and physical wellness.
6. Implement engaging lessons that support all learners with differentiated instruction in a variety of classroom models while utilizing technology when possible.
7. Model problem solving strategies.
8. Create extra curricular activities to encourage community involvement.
9. Teach and model the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People to develop strong leaders within our community.
Pickett's Mill Elementary Belief Statements
- Each child is a unique learner with the potential to accomplish great things.
- In implementing engaging lessons that are differentiated to meet a variety of learning needs.
- In modeling positive character traits including acceptance and tolerance of all people.
- In supporting the emotional and physical wellness of our learning community.
- In supporting the development of the arts and academics though performance based activities.
- In providing opportunities for community and stakeholder collaboration to improve classroom instruction and prepare our children for their future.
- In teaching and modeling The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People for the purpose of allowing our students to discover their unique areas of strength and leadership.